Sunday, September 27, 2009

Return from Tokyo

The trip didn't exactly go as planned but was an excellent thing non-the-less. Unfortunately I was unable to do daily updates while in Japan due to password/technical difficulties while I was there. Through out this week I will upload a series of posts recounting some of the trip. Once again I want to thank everyone for their support in this event, it was an amazing experience. While I had a great time and enjoyed every single minute I was on my bike I am glad and happy to be home.

While I would love to keep everyone in suspense as to how I did at the race I'm going to tell you know; in the qualifying round, were we had 1.5 hours to deliver 10 packages, I delivered all of them on time in 1 hour and 3 minutes. With this time and all completed packages I qualified for the final race the following day. Unfortunately due to some unfortunate time wasting events I arrived at the venue 15 minutes after that start of the race to find out that I had qualified and was unable to compete because it had already started. So while I did well and made it into the finals I was unable to actually show what I would really be capable of up against the best messengers around the world. I won't be able to find out next year too since I do not want to go to Guatemala to compete (which is where the 010 CMWC is being held). While it would be incredibly cool to do so, I don't want to be in Guatemala for 2 weeks and have to adjust to altitude. I might have my chance again next year in the NACCC (North American Cycle Courier Championships), which I have yet to find out it's location...but we shall see. When possible I want to continue competing at the larger events as I have truely come to love racing with the messengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment